Thursday, September 20, 2012

Everyday Skincare Routine


Hello!
I've had this routine for a while, I've been through quite a few skincare products and I've found that these are all my favourites. You know the old saying, if it isn't broken and all that. The shelf thing above is what I keep it all in, its just next to my sink and mirror.

Johnson's 'refreshing gel wash' -
I've been using this product for a few months now, and I like it a lot. It has quite a runny consistency, and your face has to be quite wet for it to lather properly. It has small beads which burst when it's applied, and I'm not really sure what they're supposed to do to be honest but they make it look nice in the bottle haha. After I use this product my skin feels so soft, it is perfect for removing my makeup. Overall I would rate this an 8/10.

St. Ives 'blemish fighting facial scrub' -
I'm quite fond of the St. Ives products, and this has reccently made it's way into my skincare routine. I don't actually use this everyday, more like every other day, because it can be quite harsh on the skin. This is a pretty grainy scrub, I know scrubs are supposed to be grainy but this is a particularly grainy one. I reckon I would rate this product a 6/10.

Botanics 'all bright cleansing toner' -
It seems every blogger and their dog has written a post about something in the botanics range, and I'm pretty pleased with this toner myself. I'm not very experienced with toners, this is the only one I've tried since I didn't really have a proper skincare routine until earlier this year (gasps) so I don't think my review will be very reliable. I do like it, it's good for removing makeup I've missed, however it does make my skin a little tight. It smells pretty gross too. Those two things aside, I would give this a 7/10.

Aveeno 'daily moisturising lotion' -
I've been using this moisturiser for literally years, I love it. It has the perfect consistency- although a little rubbery, it's not too thick but not too thin. Perfect for dry skin, because it keeps it soft for quite a while. I would give this a 9/10.

Clearasil 'overnight serum'
I got this from poundland, and considering was only a pound its pretty good. This is great for when you get a random spot pop up on your face, just apply a small bit on it and by the morning it becomes less red and the most swelling reduces. It doesn't get rid of the spot completely, that would be a miracle, but it does make it less noticeable. I would give this a 6/10.

Hope you enjoyed my first post!

Rosie x

4 comments:

  1. Wow great first post!!!! Found you on fashion galaxies xo and so glad I did!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lovely first post Rosie :) ran out of my simple face wash and so tempted to resort back to johnsons! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) ah you should! I think I prefer it to the simple one, but I only really used it once at yours when I forgot mine haha xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!
Check back if you have a question because I will always reply, or you can email me at: rosie.jervis@hotmail.co.uk xx